Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How to Achieve Your New Year's Resolutions

Step by step guide to achieving your New Year's Resolutions -Guaranteed



Step1
List at least 10 Goals you have for the year. Be sure they are things you are willing to commit to.


Step2
Determine your "Mother Lode" Goal. This is the Goal that when achieved, will pave the way, for most if not all, of your other Goals


Step3
List at least 10 deeply compelling reasons why you want it. This is your why. The more internal reasons you have, the more likely it is you will follow through. (why comes first, then how) If you have a big enough why, you will make it happen.


Step4
Create an action plan. What are some of the things you will need to do in order to achieve this Goal?


Step5
Get a partner or team and be accountable. This is the person or people you designate to ensure you follow through.


Step6
Schedule the actions into your calendar.


Step7
State your Goal in the positive, present tense. For example, instead of saying 'I will lose weight' say "I weigh 125 lbs by March 4th, 2008, workout 3 times a week for 60 minutes, prepare my meal plan in advance Sunday evening and love my new, healthy body." This empowers your vision, your plan and your strenghts while instilling your action steps every time you say it.


Step8
Activate a Goal Rush! by taking massive action. Once you have taken action, you have created momentum. Success loves speed so get started today! You don't have to get it right, you just have to get it going! Then let the momentum carry you.


Step9
Get a Goal Band imprinted with your Goal. A Goal Band is a bracelet you wear on your wrist. Mine says "Goal Rush!" and I wear it 24/7 as a reminder of my Goal. Every time someone asks me about it, it further engrains my commitment and holds me accountable for my progress.


Step10
Get a Coach to help you stay on track.

No comments: